2017 Apprenticeship Reforms

Since May 2017 new apprenticeship reforms have been in place, employers now fall into one of the following two categories:

1. Employers with an annual pay-bill of OVER £3million = LEVY PAYING. You will use the Digital Apprenticeship service (DAS). HMRC will have informed you about the reforms is you are in the levy bracket. As a Levy employer you will need to register to manage you Apprenticeship funds using the following link: www.gov.uk/guidance/manage-apprenticeship-funds

If you are a Levy paying employer, you can use the below online tool to work out how much money will be in your Levy pot: https://estimate-my-apprenticeship-funding.sfa.bis.gov.uk/

2. Employers with a pay-bill of UNDER £3million = NON-LEVY PAYING. You will be required to co invest. The SFA will contribute 90% of total training costs, the employer will pay the remaining 10%.


The qualifications are also changing, from the current system of Frameworks, to the new system Standards – which have been developed by the corresponding industry for each sector. I anticipate the new standards will be ready to deliver in the next 3 months. 


ATL UK Provider Reference Number: 10000099

If you would like to discuss these changes further, please contact Tracy Barnes or Hannah Fleet on 01752 202269