Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Vacancy Short Description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident, people person to train in Business and Administration and support the production team.
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Process internal and external post
- Answer telephone and deal with queries, delivering messages to appropriate persons
- Dealing with customers through face to face and email interaction
- Assist in preparing of orders and invoices
- General office administration
- Working as part of the production team
- Print Finishing: folding, stapling, booklet making, etc
- Undertake other duties as requested by manager/mentor
Established 36 years ago as a simple copy shop, Blackfriars Contracts have the most up to date digital printing machine not only in the South West, but the UK. Blackfriars Contracts is a Plymouth based company providing quality digital print solutions to businesses and public organisations throughout the UK. Blackfriars were among the original pioneers of digital output having recognised its potential to provide quality print and huge savings. The business has maintained a high level of year on year investment to ensure that it leads in technology as well as in service, cost-effectiveness and quality.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1 – if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Good organizational skills with ability to priorities workload
- Good Understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience in creating artwork (desirable)
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
GCSE’s A-C in English and Maths would be desirable
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the employer may offer you a permanent contract as you will have learnt the necessary skills and become a valued member of staff.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
Other Important Information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.