Vacancy Title: Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Vacancy Short Description:
Mount Tamar are looking for a confident individual to join their team, assisting the administrative needs of all areas of the school.
Your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Reception duties, answering telephone, calling parents
- Pupil attendance/registers.
- Receiving teaching staff telephone calls and notify as appropriate
- Relay messages to staff, including cover for lessons and messages from parents
- Type and despatch correspondence as required
- Type and despatch letters concerning visits and trips
- Sort and distribute mail to staff pigeon holes
- Supply SIMS data as requested by staff
- Provide support for data input on SIMS for Student Services
- Photocopying and filing
- Any other administrative duties where necessary.
Mount Tamar has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The school caters for young people aged 4 to 16 years who, for a variety of reasons, find it difficult to be successful within mainstream schools as full-time pupils. We specialise in supporting students with social and emotional difficulties, attachment and autism. The school manages a number of satellite ‘Aspire’ centres across Plymouth to meet individual student’s academic and social needs. We are a friendly and caring community that firmly believes in treating each young person as an individual providing them with the skills and tools they need to be a success. Mount Tamar School offers a quality-learning environment with all students being supported by a team of experienced trained staff team dedicated to sustaining a school where excellent teaching enables students to develop their abilities to the full.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place which will provide you with a secure understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in school environments.
Off the job training will also be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 3
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 2 (If required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to use own initiative
- High standard of IT skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of Data Protection and safeguarding
- Ability to remain professional and work effectively under pressure and/or in difficult situations
- Willingness to seek guidance from senior staff
- Willingness to learn
- Non judgmental personality
A good level of numeracy and literacy is required. Preferably GCSE Grade C and above, or equivalent, in English and Maths. Previous qualification or experience in Business Administration would be desirable.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the employer may offer you a permanent contract as you will have learnt the necessary skills and become a valued member of staff.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
Other Important Information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to call Achievement training on 01752 202269.