2 St Andrews Cross
Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Closing Date for Applications: 2nd October 2017
Vacancy Short Description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident and professional individual with good communication skills to assist in providing administrative and customer service support
Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Answering phone calls
- Greeting clients
- Scanning of documents as part of document storage system
- Handling client enquiries
- Posting of documents
- Other general administrative tasks
- Reception cover
- Data Entry
- Carry out specific administration tasks as directed by the Line Manager
Achievement Training has over 20 years experience, MATRIX-accredited advice and guidance and highly supportive staff. They have contacts with some of the top employers in Plymouth in order to help individuals into sustainable employment. Achievement Training aim to promote the love of learning, encourage the pursuit of excellence and establish the concept of education as a lifelong process. They carry this out by offering a range of different courses from beauty to animal care, traineeships, functional skills and great Apprenticeship opportunities. Achievement Training is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- 32 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays and 2 weeks leave at Christmas
- Company Pension scheme available
- Discounted City Centre parking
- Childcare Vouchers available
- Excellent training / progression options available
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to work in as part of a team
- Able to use your own initiative
- IT literate with sound base knowledge of word and excel
- Must be able to handle confidential information and sensitive information accordingly - this is a key part of the role
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Good organizational skills coupled with the ability to operate efficiently under pressure at peak times
- The ability to prioritise own work with reference to the requirements of the wider team
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
Good general education to GCSE, or equivalent level – ideally C grade in GCSE Maths and English or above.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the employer may offer you a permanent contract as you will have learnt the necessary skills and become a valued member of staff.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
Other Important Information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.