Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Possible start date: 20/11/2017
Working Week: Approx 37 hours per week
Vacancy Short Description:
Universal Fire and security are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, committed and hard-working apprentice to support all administrative tasks within the business.
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Full training will be given. Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of installation paperwork, to go with equipment
- Scanning as required
- Keep training log up to date (matrix) and request training as required. Keep a track of current installation progress.
- Answering the phone
- Check PPE requirements
- Monthly health & safety audit
- Daily engineer monitoring stats
- You will have client communication responsibilities designed to maintain long term relationships and keep clients appraised of the progress of their installations.
- Managing diaries & Field Motion when required
- Participate in regular installation/planning meetings , ensuring optimal productivity
- Updating and maintaining all client records using Field Motion
- Social media input including relevant blogs.
- Liaising with engineers to support with smooth running of works carried out, updating project planners
- Inputting new clients onto universal contracts, use of Fieldmotion once up and running
- Reconcling on Xero as directed
- Chasing ledger as directed
Universal Fire and Security hold third party accreditation for all disciplines from SSAIB (Security Systems & Alarms Inspectorate Board) and for Fire Systems from BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment). So you can rest assured that if we protect you then you are truly in safe hands. Our approvals mean that we are accepted by your local Fire and Police Authorities and by all major Insurance Companies. Our business has been built by developing a working relationship with our clients so that we form part of their business strategy for years to come. After all we protect the investment you put into your property, staff, stock or home. Please feel free to look at some of the clients we currently deal with on our client’s page. All the photographs you see on this site are buildings we have systems installed within.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1 – if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organizational skills
- Keen to gain new skills
- Excellent team work
- Able to work under pressure
- Polite, patient and helpful
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- The ability to prioritise own work
Good general education to GCSE, or equivalent level
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
- level 6 - equivalent to a bachelor degree
Other Important Information:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
If you are unsure of applying or have any questions about the vacancy, please call Achievement Training on: 01752 202269