Vacancy Title: Level 2 Business Administration Apprentice
Closing date for applications: 10/9/17
Interviews begin from: TBC
Possible start date: TBC
Vacancy Short Description:
We are seeking to recruit a high quality and ambitious apprentice to be trained in all aspects of vehicle rental within Europcars largest UK franchise. The positions will be based in Plymouth and the initial training will be focussed on the many different aspects of fleet administration, customer service and the diverse range of skills required.
Apprenticeships are a job with an accompanying skills development programme. Apprentices gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills they need for their immediate job and future career. The apprentice gains this through a wide mix of learning in the workplace, formal off-the job training and the opportunity to practice new skills in a real work environment.
· Fleet administration and support
· Coordinating fleet maintenance and repair
· Ensuring a high level of customer service is provided to the customer base and colleagues alike
· Learning the core administrative skills required to operate a rental location
- Become skilled in the use IT systems for the rental of vehicles and management of the vehicle fleet and customer contracts.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be within the scope of the post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the service.
- To fully comply with the requirements of the apprenticeship programme eg: attending meetings
Formed in 1994, Vehicle Save is one of the few companies in the South West to offer a full service of vehicle daily rental, contract hire and leasing under one ‘umbrella’. The Vehicle Save group consists of two Independent companies, Vehicle Save (UK) Limited and Sister Company Vehicle Save Contract Hire & Leasing Limited. Vehicle Save (UK) Limited, part of the Europcar Rental Franchise Network are based in the Devon, Cornwall and part of Somerset.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Effective oral and writing communication skills
- Ordered approach to work and an ability and willingness to follow agreed procedures
- Good time management skills
- Ability to learn how to prioritise own work, meet deadlines and manage workloads
- Ability to use IT in the provision of advice
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Driving licence (must have been held for two years with no serious endorsements)
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- The ability to prioritise own work
- A reliable, trustworthy and professional manner
- An interest in fleet vehicles
- A good work ethic.
Good general education to GCSE, or equivalent level
On completion of the Apprenticeship, opportunities may include and secure full time permanent employment within the business, as you will have received a large amount of in house training and become a valued member of the team. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
- level 6 - equivalent to a bachelor degree
Other Important Information:
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward. All correspondence, questions of queries to go directly to Achievement Training: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01752 202269.