Vacancy Title: Level 2 Business Administration Apprentice
Closing date for applications: 17/8/2017
Start date: To be confirmed
Working Week: 37 Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: £4 - £4.50 per hour
Vacancy Short Description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident and professional individual to provide administrative support at Jem Scaffolding and Rapid Marine – same site office location
Your duties will include but may not be limited to -
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Respond to enquiries
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain the Company’s confidentiality and data protection standards at all times.
- Processing orders
- Filing and scanning
- General office duties
Founded over 30 years ago, JEM Scaffolding Ltd began as a small, family run business based in Plymouth. Switch to the present day and we have developed into a well established, national company providing scaffolding to a wide range of construction and commercial infrastructure.
Despite our exponential growth, the company has stayed within the family and we take pride in maintaining the customer and quality focused ethos which has allowed us to progress within the industry. With a broad range of vehicles, and over 60 employees, we are able to offer a fully comprehensive scaffolding service to our domestic and commercial customers alike.
The company has become very successful and through the recession has continued to grow, the growth we have enjoyed is principally down to our high standards, of materials, safety and our ability to be accurate with timings and provide competitive prices. It is because of our continued growth in February 2015 we have increased the number of people we employ and moved to larger premises (this is our second such move within 3 years), and we would like to thank all of our loyal customers who have enabled us to do that.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Good organizational skills with ability to priorities workload
- Good Understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
Good general education to GCSE, or equivalent level
On completion of the Apprenticeship, opportunities may include and secure full time permanent employment within the business, as you will have received a large amount of in house training and become a valued member of the team. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
- level 6 - equivalent to a bachelor degree
Other Important Information:
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward. All correspondence, questions of queries to go directly to Achievement Training: email@example.com or 01752 202269.