What you'll learn
This qualification aims to:
• develop learners’ understanding of the importance of eating healthily and maintaining hydration
• develop learners’ understanding of food choices and how to make healthy choices
• help learners plan a healthy diet for self and others
• increase understanding of eating disorders, the connections between food and feelings, and ways to seek help and support.
This qualification is designed for learners looking to improve their understanding of nutrition and health. It would complement study in a range of areas, for example healthcare, social care, childcare.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
What to expect
The Delivery of the qualification is done in a classroom based setting at Achievement Training. You will be provided with a detailed course programme. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners, share practice and access different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks.
learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults
• Unit 02 Planning healthy diets
• Unit 03 Understanding eating disorders
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress onto a range of qualifications, such as:
- Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Award in Stroke Awareness
- Award in Prevention and Control of Infection
- Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Awareness of Substance Misuse
- Certificate in intro to HSC and Children and young peoples settings
Full Course Cost = £168.00
Fully Funded = £0.00 (for eligible students)
Co-Funded / Reduced Fees = Not applicable to this course
Advanced Learner Loan = Not applicable to this course
This qualification cannot be completed via an Apprenticeship