What you'll learn
This qualification develops the knowledge and awareness of the causes of infection and how these can be managed and controlled. It has been specifically designed for the health and social care sector and covers preventing the spread of infection, cleaning and waste disposal processes and current legislation.
This qualification is appropriate for a wide range of people with an interest in raising their own understanding of the Prevention and Control of Infection. It would complement study in a range of areas, for example healthcare, childcare, School staff, social care, or public services.
What to expect
The Delivery of the qualification is done in a classroom based setting at Achievement Training. You will be provided with a detailed course programme. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners, share practice and access different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress onto a range of qualifications, such as:
- Award in Nutrition and Health
- Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Award in Mental Health
- Award in Stroke Awareness
- Certificate in intro to HSC and Children and young peoples settings
- Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Certificate for Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2
- Support Teaching and Learning in Schools
Full Course Cost = £336.00
Funding is available depending on your circumstances. FREE if you are either:
- Aged 16-18
- Aged 19+ Employed and earn less than £15,736.50
- Aged 19+ Unemployed and in receipt of benefits