What you'll learn
This qualification aims to develop knowledge of:
• different types of stroke
• the signs and symptoms of stroke and their effects
• how to respond in an emergency stroke incident
This qualification aims to upskill the workforce in stroke care to improve services and meet the projected outcomes of the National Stroke Strategy for England. It also contributes towards the Stroke Specific Education Framework.
This qualification is appropriate for a wide range of people with an interest in raising their own understanding of stroke awareness. It would complement study in a range of areas, for example healthcare, social care, counselling or public services.
What to expect
The Delivery of the qualification is done in a classroom based setting at Achievement Training. You will be provided with a detailed course programme. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners, share practice and access different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress onto a range of qualifications, such as:
- Award in Nutrition and Health
- Award in Awareness of Dementia
- Award in Mental Health
- Award in Prevention and Control of Infection
- Certificate in intro to HSC and Children and young peoples settings
- Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
Full Course Cost = £168.00
Fully Funded = £0.00 (for eligible students)
Co-Funded / Reduced Fees = Not applicable to this course
Advanced Learner Loan = Not applicable to this course
This qualification cannot be completed via an Apprenticeship