WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles
and responsibilities in the school or college workforce.
• Enabling individuals to learn
• Understand how to support children and young people to improve their
mental health and well-being
• Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and
disability in a school or college
• Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
• Implementing change in school or college setting
You are 18 years or older. You will need a voluntary work placement in either a primary or
secondary school working with the years 1 and above (age 5+), required for a minimum of 12
hours per week – this can either be 2 full day or 4 half days. You will need to have previously
achieved a relevant L3 qualification.
This Level 4 qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for
practitioners working in the school and college workforce. This qualification will embrace the
wealth of experience, proven knowledge and skills of the learner in a teaching and learning
environment. It will challenge the learner in both daily practice and theoretical understanding.
You will acquire and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as you
complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be equipped as an Advanced Practitioner.
Full Course Cost £811.00
Funding is available depending on your circumstances. FREE if you are either:
- Aged 19+ Employed and earn less than £16,009.50
- Aged 19+ Unemployed and in receipt of benefits