WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
This qualification is designed to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental
health and mental well-being. Successful completion of the required 5 units will allow the
learner to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also
support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
You will complete 5 knowledge units covering the following topics;
• Unit 01: Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 02: Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
• Unit 03: Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
• Unit 04: Understanding mental ill health
• Unit 05: Working in mental health
• 19+ years
• Working in Health & Social Care or Education provision
• Volunteering with Vulnerable Adults / Children
• Achieved a Level 2 Mental Health Qualification, or a Full Level 2/ 3
qualification in Health & Social Care or any L3 Childcare, Support teaching
and leaning qualification
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
This Level 3 qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for
practitioners working/volunteering in Health Care or Education.
This qualification will: Focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas, offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
To book an appointment to enrol onto the programme, please call Adult Children Service
Department – 01752 211051.
Please bring certificates from all previously achieved related
courses, so that your suitability for this course can be assessed.
Duration is 8 weeks Mondays 09:00 – 15:30
Learner loan – £811.00
Plymouth City Centre