Digital Skills is the only funded qualification (England and Wales) that offers a complete employability skills solution. Gaining up to date IT skills will enhance your CV and career prospects. Courses are led by qualified tutors, your progress will be reviewed throughout the programme to ensure you have the best learning experience possible. Key elements of the course will help build your confidence as well as digital ability when seeking employment.
You will learn how to:
- Search for employment online
- Use online jobsites to apply for jobs
- Format CVs and letters
- Use digital media and devices
- Identify and use the main parts of a computer Start up and shut down your computer correctly
- Use health, safety and security skills in an ICT environment
- Use removable media , such as disks, CD and memory sticks
- Load, use and close software applications
- Send and receive emails
Attendance will be 10 hrs per week
This is a hands on course which will give you plenty of opportunity to practise your new skills and raise your confidence in using computers. Funding is available depending on your circumstances. FREE if you are either:
- Employed and earn less than £15,736.50
- Unemployed and in receipt of benefits
There is a course induction every Tuesday at 1.00pm.