What you'll Learn
The Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People’s Workforce is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas and is split into two pathways:
• Social Care
• Learning and Development Support Services
You will study a range of core topics, including:
• Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Understand child and young person development
• Promote child and young person development
• Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
• Support children and young people’s health and safety
• Develop positive relationships with children, young people and others involved in their care
• Working together for the benefit of children and young people
• Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
It is suitable for anyone who works or wants to work at a supervisory level in the children and young people’s workforce including volunteers who are supported in the role by their line manager.
You are working,volunteering or on practical placement as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
What to expect
You will attend a monthly half day tutorial at Achievement Training. Your tutor will support your throughout the course. The delivery of the qualification is done mainly at the workplace, the assessor will visit the work place every 6-8 weeks. You will receive a login to an on-line portfolio account, which can be accessed from any Wifi point at work at home or in our centre or through 3/4G. You will be provided with a detailed course programme. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners and to share practice and access to different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks.
The course can be completed as part of an intermediate Apprenticeship moving onto advanced and higher Apprenticeships.
Upon achievement of this qualification you will be able to progress onto higher education in various This qualification can help you to progress in a wide range of work roles including:
• Supporting Teaching and Learning workers, who visit families of pre-school children at home
• Foster Carers
• Children and Families Social Workers
• Registered Managers of Children’s Homes, plus deputy and assistant managers
• Residential Childcare Workers
• Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service Advisers
• Youth Worker
• Learning Mentor