What you'll learn
This qualification allows learners to develop the skills required to solve problems, communicate and work effectively with others, and gives them the opportunity to learn how to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment.
This qualification aims to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment
- the skills required to solve problems in a business environment
- an understanding of business culture and responsibilities
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance in a business environment.
While completing this qualification, learners may develop the knowledge, understanding and essential skills employers look for in employees. These range from familiar ‘key skills’ such as team working, independent working, independent learning and problem solving, to more tricky-to measure skills such as: an appreciation for appropriate behaviour and dress, appropriate interpersonal skills, communicating with professional colleagues/peers and/or hierarchical seniors, supporting other aspiring employees, and understanding work practices and how different roles and departments function within an organisation
This qualification is ideal for learners who want to develop an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment, and gives them an understanding of business culture and responsibilities.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
What to expect
You will attend 2 days a week at Achievement Training’s City Centre location plus 1 day at a relevant work placement. At the centre you will have the opportunity to network with other learners, share practice and access different resources to support your learning including laptops, desktops, tablets and textbooks. Your tutor will support your throughout the course and you will be provided with a detailed course programme.
What comes next
This qualification aims to provide learners with a number of progression options. You can progress onto an advanced apprenticeship, or higher level studies at university or FE colleges, including:
- Level 3
- level 4
- level 5 – equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
- level 6 – equivalent to a bachelor degree
This qualification has UCAS points as follows:
Full Course Cost = £2,573.00
Funding is available depending on your circumstances. FREE if you are either:
- Aged 16-18
Advanced Learner Loans are available