What you'll Learn
Promoting opportunities for young people!
Pre Apprenticeships provide employers and young people the opportunity to see if the work environment suits them before committing to a job or apprenticeship.
• Flexible education and training programme with work experience
• Pre Apprenticeships can last from 6 weeks to 6 months and are for young people aged between 16-24 who do not have a Level 3 qualification
• A work experience placement that lasts between 100-240 hours with a guaranteed exit interview and reference on completion of the work placement
• Individually planned programmes, which will include English and maths if required. Vocational qualifications can also be included
Although it is only Lewis’ second day we are very pleased with his progress and thank you for putting forward such an excellent candidate.
What are the benefits?
• Young people will gain valuable employability skills and relevant work experience
• Employers will have the opportunity to shape the skills and experience of young people from their local community, helping their business to develop a loyal and talented workforce
• Working with trainees will give experienced staff the opportunity to develop their skills in mentoring and coaching young people
• £1500 Apprenticeship Grants for employers are available
I have recently been employed as a business administration apprenticeship working in an office for a training company.I gained this post after completing a pre apprenticeship programme. I would highly recommend a pre apprenticeship, it gave me the chance to get some real experience of working in an office and gain some of the skills I would need to find employment,when I attended job interviews I was able to talk about my experience which gave me loads of confidence.
Mylo Williams-Whiteman 20 Yrs old
Before the pre apprenticeship, I had no direction in my career prospects, but now I have improved my skills, my maths and English grades have improved and I have almost completed a Level 2 Health and Social Care course with the prospect of starting a placement soon. My goal now is to go to university and become a Social Worker.
Deanne Skinner 22 yrs old