What you'll Learn
The Level 2 Technical Certificate in Digital Technologies will give you the choice to specialise in one of the following job specific pathways:
- Software and Application support – this can involve supporting the fix of application and system problems, or any incident that is disrupting the application service that business users depend on.
- Systems and Infrastructure support – this will allow you to support key systems and services across businesses ensuring the smooth running of operating systems.
- Web and Social Media support – in this role you would be responsible for maintaining website content to creating online communities and supporting social media activity within a business.
All pathways will cover the fundamentals of ICT plus ICT security and customer support.
This qualification is for anyone aged 16-19 and can only be completed as part of your sixth form studies. If you want to experience practical application and develop your skills to support digital technologies.
What to expect
You will learn at our training centre within a realistic working environment. You will have access to different types of devices such as laptops, desktops and tablets. Your understanding of theory will be tested by the completion of online tests. Your tutor will give you support throughout the qualification. You will receive a login to an on-line portfolio account, which can be accessed from any Wifi or 3/4G point. A work placement may be required 1 day per week to develop your knowledge and understanding and gain work based experience.
This qualification will provide you with the skills and knowledge to progress onto a higher qualification within the IT industry, you can gain employment or an Apprenticeship in digital support roles such as:
- Software and Application supporter
- Systems and Infrastructure supporter
- Web and Social Media supporter