Vacancy Title: Level 2 Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Bumblebees nursery are looking for a vibrant, caring and personable individual who will support our nursery to deliver an exceptional standard of childcare and education within a safe, homely environment. Amazing career prospects and progression.
Working Week - 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday
Weekly Wage - £148.00 per week (£3.70 per hour)
The role will include, but may not be limited to:
Support for Children
- Supervise and support children ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual need.
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities.
- Assist with supervision of children throughout the whole of the nursery day with Children aged between 0 – 11 years
Support the Staff Team
- Prepare the nursery as directed for sessions and clear afterwards and assist with display of pupils work.
- Be aware of children’s progress/achievements/problems and report to other staff members as agreed.
- Support the staff team in managing children's behaviour, reporting any difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather and report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
Support the Nursery
- Be aware of and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person.
- Ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
Bumblebees Day Nursery were established in September 2006 with a passion to create the very best childcare any parent or carer could wish for. We offer a first class service with the highest standards and our vision is “To make Bumblebees the first choice childcare solution by providing a first class professional nursery environment and exceptional caring staff to develop your children’s full potential!”
Training to be provided:
You will receive work place based training and support from your employer in your work location. Achievement Training will provide support in gaining your academic qualifications which will include the following:
- QCF Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English and maths
Delivery is mainly workbased, the course tutor will visit the apprentice monthly to observe, plan and assess. The programme is achieved by a mix of teaching and learning including, assignments, practical work assessments, theory based assessments, and work based practical learning, professional discussion, question and answer sessions. Maths and English exams are based at the centre. Workshops are available for learners on Fridays, but are not mandatory. This will be arranged with the employer, you and the course tutor.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with children, staff, parents and other professionals
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- A good team-player so that everyone can work effectively together
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Punctual, reliable and behave in a professional manner at all times
- Level-headed and able to deal with varying situation in a calm and orderly manner
- Friendly, understanding and caring manner
- A good sense of humour
- Prepare to work in a challenging but fun and friendly environment
There are no entry requirements to the apprenticeship. Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, progression options could include undertaking a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a related qualification. The employer may offer you a permanent contract as you will have learnt the necessary skills to become a valued member of staff. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and Higher apprenticeships, including:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation
Other Important Information
The National Minimum is £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.