Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 2
37.5 hours per week. Mon – Fri, 09:00 -17:00 with 1/2 hour for lunch
Vacancy short description:
An exciting opportunity to work in a busy office, learning administrative and customer service related skills.
Your main duties will include, but not limited to:
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Answering the phones
- Responding to daily emails
- Calling manufactures
- Updating and carrying out stock checks
- Ordering supplies
- Maintain databases
- Completing order/stock returns
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Business Administration/Customer Service Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1 - if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good communication skills while remaining professional
- Able to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- IT literate
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks when necessary
- Polite and friendly
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Flexibility in order to support the team
There are no entry requirements to the apprenticeship but employers may run their own selection process. Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice