Forresters Business Park
Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprentice Level 2
Monday to Friday 08:30am - 5:00pm | 37 hrs per week
Vacancy short Description:
An exciting opportunity for a confident, people person to train in Business and Administration and support the Administration Team at Netlogix. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly.
Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Process internal and external post
- Answer telephone calls and deal with queries, delivering messages to appropriate persons
- Dealing with customers through face-to-face and email interaction
- General office administration
- Undertake other duties as requested by mentor
- Working towards generating invoices
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration Skills Level 2
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Confident in taking calls from customers and directing inquiries
- Clear telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Polite and friendly
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
The entry requirements to this Apprenticeship are a good Level of English (spelling and grammar) and an understanding of numeracy, finance and the ability to use a calculator accurately.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent - 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent - Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent - Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you're unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
From April 20-19, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices rises to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice