Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprentice Level 2/3
Monday to Friday - Flexible hours
08:30 - 15:30 / 09:00 - 15:00
Vacancy short description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident, people person to train in Business and Administration and support the Schools Administration team.
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Our aim is to give the successful candidate the fullest possible induction to the administrative work of the school. The post will be based in the Bursary Office, and in addition to assisting with the Financial Work of the school but will gain experience working on Reception, Exams, 6th Form team, Admissions and Resources team.
Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Process internal and external post
- Posting and processing financial transactions
- Answer telephone and deal with queries, delivering messages to appropriate persons
- Dealing with customers through face to face and email interaction
- General office administration
- Undertake other duties as requested by mentor
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2 or Level 3 - depending on previous experience and knowledge
- Certificate in Business Administration Skills Level 2
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Clear telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Good communication skills
- Polite and friendly
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
There are no entry requirements to the Apprenticeship, but Employers may run their own selection process. Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher Apprenticeships which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent - 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent - Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent - Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
This post may be suitable for Business and Administration Level 2 or 3 - depending on previous experience and knowledge. Please contact Achievement Training on 01752 202269 if you want to talk about your individual circumstances.
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you're unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
From April 2019, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices rises to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all Apprentices come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice