Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Possible Start Date: March/April 2018
Hours per Week: 36 Hours per week. Mon – Fri from 09:00 – 17:00
Wage: Minimum of £3.50 per hour
Your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Respond to enquiries made by telephone, or in person
- Taking money / payment
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain the company’s confidentiality and data protection standards at all times
- Maintain accurate and effective records
- Carry out various administration tasks as directed by the Line Manager
Welcome to Dean Cross Surgery. We are a friendly team of doctors, nurses, dispensers, administration staff and receptionists who endeavour at all times to be approachable, caring, flexible and accessible to all.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1, if required.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Good Understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
- Interest in health care (Desirable)
A good level of Literacy and Numeracy skill is required, preferably GCSE Grade A-C in English and Maths.
Other Important Information:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
If you are unsure of applying or have any questions, please call Achievement Training on: 01752 202269