Vacancy Title: Business Administration Apprenticeship
Vacancy Description: Your duties will include but may not be limited to -
- Answer incoming telephone calls
- Respond to enquiries
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain the Company’s confidentiality and data protection standards at all times.
- Processing orders
- Filing and scanning
- General office duties
Employer Description: Premier Care (Plymouth) Ltd provides support and care services for individuals who have learning disabilities, individuals who have physical disabilities, older people with learning disabilities, people with sensory loss and individuals who may have related mental health problems and complex needs.
Training to be provided: You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Good organizational skills with ability to priorities workload
- Good Understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of information
Qualifications Required: A – C grade in English and Maths GCSE is desirable but not essential
Other Important Information: The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward. All correspondence, questions of queries to go directly to Achievement Training: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01752 202269.