Vacancy Title: Business Administration Assistant
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30
30 minute lunch break 40 hours per week
Vacancy short description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident, people person to train in Business and Administration and support the production team.
Working as part of a friendly team, you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Process internal and external post
- Answer telephone and deal with queries, delivering messages to appropriate persons
- Dealing with customers through face to face and email interactions
- Assist in preparing of orders and invoices
- General office administration
- Working as part of the production team
- Print finishing: folding, stapling, booklet making, etc
- Undertake other duties as requested by Manager/Mentor
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration Skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Maths and ICT Level 1 - if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Good telephone manner
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Good understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to own initiative
- Experience in creating artwork (desirable)
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
There are no entry requirements to the Apprenticeship but employers may run their own selection process. Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher Apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent - 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent - Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent - Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you're unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.