Vacancy Title: Customer Service Apprentice
Salary: £3.50 per hour £140 per week
Exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join The Citizens Advice team in their office based in Okehampton Employer Location
Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Dealing with enquiries
- Taking and passing on messages
- Developing an understanding of the service’s practices and procedures
- Gaining an understanding of customer requirements
- Making customers feel welcome and valued
- Taking instructions from managers/ colleagues when necessary
- Team work and taking own initiative in the role
Torridge, North, Mid and West Devon Citizens Advice (TNMWD) is a local charity that provides free, independent and confidential advice on all subjects to members of the local community that require it. In particular to ensure that no-one suffers through lack of knowledge of the rights, responsibilities, and services available to them, or through any inability to express their needs effectively.
Our charity intends to maintain a professional face to face quality advice service for the people of Torridge, North, Mid and West Devon. In particular we wish to train more advisers, recruit additional volunteers, expand our telephone service and explore more ways of improving our service in the rural parts of Devon.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas: You will be given one day off paid per week to attend theory sessions.
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2
- Certificate in Customer Service skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 1 if necessary
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Able to work in as part of a team
- Able to use your own initiative
- Good communication skills
- IT literate with a knowledge of word and excel
- Confident telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good with animal especially dogs
- Great customer service skills
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Reliable and punctual
- Positive attitude
- Good organizational skills
Good general education to GCSE, or equivalent level. Ideally, C grade in GCSE maths and English or above.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the employer may offer you a permanent contract as you will have learnt the necessary skills and become a valued member of staff. Future jobs in customer service
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including:
- Level 3
- level 4 and 5 - equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree
Other Important Information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to call Achievement training on 01752 202269.