The Lodge, Hoe Road
Vacancy Title: Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
08:45 - 17:00 on a rota basis with weekend shifts included, 30 hours per week.
Vacancy short description:
An exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and cheerful individual to join a friendly team. The candidate will be required to provide Customer Service based support to the busy cafe.
This role is varied but you can expect to be doing the following from day to day:
- Greeting customers when they arrive in the cafe
- Taking orders and preparing food/drink
- Cash handling and till work
- Front of house duties and answering the telephone
- Clearing tables and general tidying
- Speaking to customers and checking they have everything they need
- Stock replenishment
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Customer Service Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Maths and ICT Level 1 - if required
- Employment Rights and Respnosibilities
- Positive attitude to all work related tasks
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Good time management and work planning
- Be able to work efficiently in a high paced environment
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with clear, accurate and professional communication skills
- Be dedicated to delivering a high-quality service on behalf of the Cafe
- Be reliable and able to use own initiative
- Flexible and willing to adapt in order to meet the changing needs of the Cafe
- Applicants need to be 18 years of age or approaching their 18th Birthday as alcohol is served on the premises
There are no minimum qualifications required to apply for this Apprenticeship. However, Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher Apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 eqvuivalent - 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent - Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent - Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
If you would like to APPLY for this Apprenticeship, please follow the link below -
In April 2019, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices has risen to £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices, the National Minimum Wage for their age applies. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all Apprentices come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
If you're unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message Achievement Training using Messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster. Thank you.