Court Street, Moretonhamstead
Vacancy Title: Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship Level 3
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Vacancy short description:
The role of the apprentice is to work with the Refurbishment and Infrastructure team, refurbishing PCs and laptops, desktops and monitors, as well as installing new memory cards and SD cards. The role will involve all aspects of warehousing, logistics and packaging.
- PC Deployment\Installation; building laptop/desktop for end user.
- Perform remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, configuring systems and applications
- Use Microsoft- Administration Tools; e.g. new account creation/password management.
- Support the Anti-virus software (Symantec)
- Monitoring and checking the successful operation of the Data Centre daily file backups.
- Support the warehouse with deliveries in and out.
- Support logistics operations
- Assist with packing and shipments
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job, Achievement Training will provide training in the following:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths (A*-C or 9-4 GSCE) will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
- Clear telephone manner
- Able to prioritise workload
- Time management is important
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Logical, creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator and presentable – as you will be dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis on the phone and later on face-to-face
- A good problem solver
- Enjoy a technical challenge and be prepared to undertake research
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- A mature professional attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Tidy appearance
- Candidates must have good GCSE Grades A-C/9-4 in English and Maths.
Opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship, as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including;
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
*Please remember a full driving license would be essential as well as access to own transport due to the remote location.*
In April 2019, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices has risen to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice