Forresters Business Park
Vacancy Title: Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Monday to Friday 08:30am - 17:00pm
Vacancy Short Description:
An exciting opportunity to assist Netlogix in supporting customers
A varied role that incorporates customer service and IT skills.
- Assist in the provision of 1st line support for all technical areas, ensuring a secure and stable platform for the delivery of services is monitored at all times
- Provide excellent customer service support and delivery
- Undertake user account administration
- Assist in the task of backup and recovery routines
- To be aware of ICT security and promote the importance of securing information to customers
- Understands and complies with business processes
- Undertake other duties as directed and reasonable within the apprenticeship role
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training. Delivery is mainly work based, the course tutor will visit the apprentice monthly to observe, plan and assess. The programme is achieved by a mix of teaching and learning including, assignments, practical work assessments, theory based assessments, work based practical learning, professional discussion and question and answer sessions. Maths and English exams are based at the centre. Workshops are available for learners on Fridays, but are not mandatory. This will be arranged with the employer, you and the course tutor.
1.Knowledge multi- choice test.
2.Portfolio-based Interview: The interview is for 30-45 minutes and scored out of 100 by the Independent Endpoint Assessment Organisation
3.Project Presentation: The apprentice delivers a presentation to the EPAO on a project they have completed or a process they have improved
Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
- Clear telephone manner
- Working knowledge of Business IT skills relevant to the organisation
- Able to prioritse workload
- Time management is important
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Logical, creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- A mature professional attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Tidy appearance
- Friendly character
There are no minimum requirements for this post, but you must have a good sense of urgency, the drive to complete a job from start to finish, be hungry to give a top class service to your customers. If you have the right attitude you will excel in this post. We want you to learn new skills, enjoy your job and move into a fulfilling career in ICT.
Opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including;
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
The National Minimum wage for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice