Par Moor Road
Imerys Minerals Ltd
Vacancy Title: IT Support Technician Apprentice
Monday - Friday (shifts to be confirmed)
37.5 Hours per week
Vacancy short description
The role of the apprentice is to work with the IT Support Team within the IT department. The IT support role is to provide infrastructure and end user support within the UK I.T Department to maintain smooth operation.
- To work on the UK Helpdesk; fielding incoming help requests in a courteous manner from all levels of end users, via all communication methods
- Ensure all relevant end user identification information is fully documented in the Helpdesk system. Include all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution
- PC Deployment/installation; building laptop/desktop for end user
- Perform remote fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, configuring systems and applications
- Administration of all UK/European IT Domain accounts, security access control, e-mail, VPN, Internet access and the ERP system
- Use Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Administration Tools; e.g. new account creation/password management
- Administer software deployment using the management console, ensuring successful installation and final configuration. This will also include monitoring the deployment of software security updates and anti-virus protection using the appropriate tools
- Support the anti-virus software (Symantec)
- Monitoring and checking the successful operation of the Data Centre daily file backups
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths (A*-C or 9-4 GSCE) will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
- Clear telephone manner
- Able to prioritise workload
- Time management is important
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Logical, creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator and presentable – as you will be dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis on the phone and later on face-to-face
- Friendly and helpful
- Trustworthy and reliable
- A good problem solver
- Enjoy a technical challenge and be prepared to undertake research
- Full driving license (essential) and ideally access to own transport
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- A mature professional attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Tidy appearance
- Candidates must have good GCSE Grades A-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
Opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship, as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher Apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent - Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent - Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Please remember a full driving license would be essential as well as access to own transport.
From April 2019 the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices has risen to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all Apprentices come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you're unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message Achievement Training using Messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster. Thank you.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice.
If you would like to APPLY please click on the link below: