Vacancy Title: IT Support Technician Apprentice
Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Vacancy short description:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the IT team at Stoke Damerel Community College, helping them with the day to day running of the IT department in the school.
- Assisting the ICT Network Manager in the day to day running of the college computer network.
- Help to maintain an inventory and asset recording of all computer related electronic equipment.
- Basic troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported ICT problems logged through the college ICT helpdesk, across a variety of hardware, escalating to other team members where necessary.
- Assist in the replacement of consumable materials relating to ICT.
- Assist with the installation and updating of software as required.
- Provide support for basic operations of computer peripherals and software.
- Complete room checks, resolve reported faults and liaise with senior members of the team where further action is needed.
- Basic printer fault troubleshooting.
- Installation and monitoring of Antivirus Software across the college.
- Setup required ICT equipment for Presentations and Special Events
- Support and basic trouble shooting of the Cashless till system
- Undertake additional duties commensurate with the grading of the role, under the guidance and supervision of senior members of the team.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace. Off the job Achievement Training will provide training in the following:
- Intermediate (Level 2) IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals Apprenticeship Framework
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT Level 1 - if required
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Clear telephone manner
- Able to prioritise workload
- Time management is important
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Logical, creative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator and presentable – as you will be dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis on the phone and later on face-to-face
- A good problem solver
- Full driving licence is desirable but not essential for the role
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- A mature professional attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Tidy appearance
- Enjoy a technical challenge and be prepared to undertake research
Opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship, as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including;
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other important information:
The Inspiring Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All teaching and support members of staff must undertake the required pre-employment checks which include the uptake of references both professional and personal and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
From April 2019, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices has risen to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster. Thank you.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice
If you would like to APPLY for this Apprenticeship, please follow the link below to the FindanApprenticeship.GOV.uk website -