+44 (0)1364 654 100
Vacancy Title: IT Technical Sales Person Level 3 Apprenticeship
Monday to Friday - shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 37.5
Vacancy short description:
An IT Tech Salesperson will sell technical products and services, maintain a good relationship with existing clients, gaining repeat business from customers. This post would really suit a school leaver who has taken some further study in ICT and who has a keen interest in all things IT.
- This role is to ensure that we provide the best service to our customers and partners looking at the Microsoft Cloud or key technologies that lead to it such as SQL.
- Work with Grey Matter sales teams to provide expert support in helping their customers and partners move in the best way to Microsoft Cloud.
- Work with both Sales and Services teams to give presales support on customer solutions.
- Identify opportunities where we should be having a more in-depth technical conversation and support sales teams to maximise these.
- Learn how to and assist in providing pricing for Azure quotations.
- Assist customers in navigating and using all Microsoft licensing and cloud portals, including troubleshooting and escalation to Microsoft if required.
- Support cloud and licensing specialist and team leader in their roles.
- Work with team members to ensure we are quoting correctly and are including cross selling opportunities.
- Ensure important information is disseminated through relevant teams.
- Gain an understanding of the services that we can offer and help the communicate to sales team.
- Working in a high pressured environment to deadlines and prioritising workflow, be capable of managing own workload
- Office based role, requiring concentration for periods which can be in excess of two hours
Training to be provided:
Level 3 IT Technical Sales Person
You will receive on the job training from the employer in your work place. The course tutor will visit the learner every 4-6 weeks to observe, plan and assess. The programme is achieved by a mix of teaching and learning including, assignments, practical work assessments, theory based assessments, work based practical learning, professional discussions and questions and answer sessions. All Apprentices are required to have 20% off the job training. You will receive a login, onto an online portfolio account called Onefile. Friday workshop sessions are also available but not mandatory.
- Accurate record keeping skills to deadlines, attentive to detail
- Ability to manage time for own learning
- A desire to understand the newest Microsoft technologies
- Literacy skills are required including spelling, grammar and punctuation for emails.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise workload ensuring urgent tasks are completed
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Ability to build relationships with customers and partners, be patient and remain calm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Positive and personable demeanour
- Team player
- Flexibility to the demands of the business
- Able to use own initiative when dealing with customers
- Confident and friendly
- Professional manner
- Personable nature
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Candidates must have good a good level of GCSE in English and maths.
- An interest in ICT, a computer GCSE would be beneficial.
On completion of the apprenticeship you will have become a skilled employee and will be considered for a role as one becomes available. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Please follow the link below to the Find an Apprenticeship website to APPLY for this IT Technical Salesperson vacancy -
Other important information:
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2019 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.90 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice