1 Peregrine Road
Vacancy Title: Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
Working week: Monday to Friday – 08:15 – 16:15 (term time for 39 weeks per year, 37 hours per week)
Salary £4.20 per hour
Vacancy Short Description:
We are looking to appoint a friendly and enthusiastic Apprentice Administrator to join our wonderful school. This post requires someone who will be studying towards an NVQ2 in Business Administration.
Your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- To provide a range of clerical duties including photocopying, sending emails, filing, message-taking, sorting and distributing post, etc.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from students, parents, staff, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- To deal with all customer contact effectively, and courteously, in line with Academy policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- To assist with the organisation of meetings and events, ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
- To contribute to setting up office procedures.
- To study towards and complete the NVQ level 2 in Business Administration.
- Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the line manager for the placement, applicable to the grade and qualifications of the post.
- To work within academy policies and procedures, including staff Code of Conduct.
- To contribute to the provision of an effective environment for learning.
- To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents and outside agencies.
- To care for their own and other people’s health and safety.
- To be aware of the confidential nature of issues.
- To contribute to the overall ethos, work & aims of the academy.
- Actively participating in performance management.
- Identify personal training needs and other learning activities as required.
- Develop an understanding of polices & procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner.
- To recognise own strengths, areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are commensurate to the post holder’s abilities, position & grade.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- QCF Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and ICT Level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to use word processing packages to create letters, newsletters etc
- Be able to treat information in confidence
- Be able to communicate effectively and positively to adults and children
- Respond to general enquiries
- Be able to prioritise jobs, work to deadlines and support others in the delivery of their tasks
- A highly organised individual
- Polite and confidential
- Able to communicate well orally and in written work
- A good team player
- Keen to contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the Academy
- Good humoured
- Able to use IT systems with ease
- Friendly and welcoming, providing a first point of contact for all callers to the Academy.
- Hardworking with a commitment to ensuring tasks are carried out accurately and to completion
- A good team player
- Be able to concentrate in a busy school environment
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information:
St Matthew’s Academy is part of the St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust. We are committed to safeguarding children in our care and any successful candidate is subject to a satisfactory DBS check, relevant pre-employment checks and Disqualification by Association.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward.
How to apply
- On the government “ Find an Apprenticeship“ https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Request and complete the Application form ATL, we will submit it to the employer on your behalf.
- Achievement training Website – vacancy section https://www.achievementtraining.com/apprenticeship-results
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
This vacancy will commence in September 2018. The closing date for the application will be 2/7/18 and after that they will be holding trial/work experience days in July.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice