Vacancy Title: Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship
Possible start date: Tuesday 28th August
Working Week: Tuesday to Saturday - 26 hours not including college day
Salary: £3.70 per hour
Duration: 15 months
Vacancy Short Description:
To work in a friendly established salon and to learn the art of hairdressing to become a good all round stylist as soon as you are able and to end up with a good standard of qualifications.
Working with a friendly and professional team your duties will vary to help the salon run smoothly, they will include, but may not be limited to:
- Booking appointments
- Shampooing & conditioning
- Drying and styling hair
- Mixing and applying hair colouring
- Supporting senior members of staff
- Help with the running and organisation of the salon
- Cleaning the Salon
Training to be provided
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
- Functional Skills in English and Mathematics (If needed)
The training will be provided through a series of on and off the job observations and input tutorials. You will learn in our training centre within a realistic working environment.
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Good social skills
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart and appropriate personal presentation
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
- Good communication skills
Good standard of English and Maths
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice