Ellfield, Underhayes Lane
Vacancy Title: Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30 (37.50 hours)
Due to an increase in demand for our consultancy services, we are now looking to employ an apprentice to assist with the day to day support tasks.
This is an interesting and varied role, and at times can be demanding, so a cool head is required. There is scope to be involved with the ongoing development of the services we offer, and to attend a range of trade shows.
We are looking for someone with a passion for ICT, is not afraid to ask questions, and has an appetite to learn more when work stops. For the right person, there is huge potential for further training and/or employment.
With supervision and direction, the successful applicant will provide first line IT support and customer service. Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Undertake with guidance, 1st line incident resolution and/or Service Request Fulfilment, ensuring that corporate service level agreements are met and that security and compliance guidelines are achieved.
- Assist in the provision of 1st line support for all technical areas, ensuring a secure and stable platform for the delivery of services is monitored at all times.
- Log incoming support calls into a ticketing system, and prioritise.
- Monitor alerts logged by customer systems, and progress as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service support and delivery.
- Undertake user account administration.
- Assist in the task of backup and recovery routines.
- Help with the setup of customer equipment, such as desktops, laptops, servers, etc.
- To be aware of ICT security and promote the importance of securing information to customers.
- From time to time, visit customer sites and assist with various ICT related tasks (some visits may require overnight stays).
- Undertake other duties as directed and reasonable within the apprenticeship role.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 2 – unless already achieved at GCSE level.
- Logical and creative thinking skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Can use own initiative.
- Has an eye for detail and is thorough.
- A thorough and organised approach.
- Ability to work with a range of people of varying skillsets.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations, both written and verbally.
- A full driving licence would be preferable, but not essential initially.
- Confident and friendly.
- Professional manner.
- Personable nature.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Other interests outside work.
- English and Maths GCSE grade A-C / 4-5 or equivalent.
- A relevant Level 2 qualification in IT (e.g. BTEC).
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice