+44 (0)1364 654 100
Vacancy Title: Level 3 IT Technical Sales Apprentice
An IT Tech Salesperson will sell technical products and services, maintain a good relationship with existing clients, gaining repeat business from customers.
This post would really suit a school leaver who has taken some further study in ICT and who has a keen interest in all things IT.
- This role is to ensure that we provide the best service to our customers and partners looking at the Microsoft Cloud or key technologies that lead to it such as SQL.
- Work with Grey Matter sales teams to provide expert support in helping their customers and partners move in the best way to the Microsoft cloud.
- Work with both Sales and Services teams to give presales support on customer solutions.
- Identify opportunities where we should be having a more in-depth technical conversation and support sales teams to maximise these
- Learn how to and assist in providing pricing for Azure quotations
- Assist customers in navigating and using all Microsoft licensing and cloud portals, including troubleshooting and escalation to Microsoft if required.
- Support cloud and licensing specialist and team leader in their roles.
- Work with team members to ensure we are quoting correctly and are including cross selling opportunities
- Ensure important information is disseminated through relevant teams.
- Gain an understanding of the services that we can offer and help communicate to sales team
- Working in a high pressured environment to deadlines and prioritising workflow, be capable of managing own workload
- Office based role, requiring concentration for periods which can be in excess of two hours
Training to be provided:
You will receive on the job training from the employer in your work place. The course tutor will visit the learner every 4 – 6 weeks to observe, plan and assess. The programme is achieved by a mix of teaching and learning including, assignments, practical work assessments, theory based assessments, work based practical learning, professional discussion, question and answer sessions. .All Apprentices are required to have 20% off the job training. You will receive a login, onto an on-line portfolio account. Friday sessions in the centre are available.
IT Technical Salesperson Apprenticeship.
Details of Standard
- Summative Portfolio
- Synoptic Project
- Employer Reference
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2
The use of a variety of assessment methods in the final end point assessment ensures that the assessment of each apprentice is based on their performance and reflects accurately the quality of their work and the application of skills, knowledge and behaviours specified in the standards. Taken together, these components of the final end point assessment build a cumulative picture of performance against the standard, enabling the independent assessor to make a holistic judgement about how well the apprentice meets or exceeds the standard.
- Accurate record keeping skills to deadlines, attentive to detail
- Ability to manage time for own learning
- A desire to understand the newest Microsoft technologies
- Literacy skills are required including spelling, grammar and punctuation for emails.
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise workload ensuring urgent tasks are completed
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Ability to build relationships with customers and partners, be patient and remain calm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Positive and personable demeanour
- Team player
- Flexibility to the demands of the business
- Able to use own initiative when dealing with customers
- Confident and friendly
- Professional manner
- Personable nature
- Reliable and trustworthy
On completion of the apprenticeship you will have become a skilled employee and will be considered for a role as one becomes available. Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
- NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
- NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice