Support for Children
- Supervise and support children ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual need
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities
- Assist with supervision of children out of session times including before and after sessions, and at lunchtimes
Support the Staff Team
- Prepare the nursery as directed for sessions and clear afterwards and assist with display of pupils work
- Be aware of children’s progress/achievements/problems and report to other staff members as agreed
- Support the staff team in managing children's behaviour, reporting any difficulties as appropriate
- Gather and report information from/to parents/carers as directed
Support the Nursery
- Be aware of and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person
- Ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as require
In order for our residents to have the time to focus on their treatment, Trevi operates an onsite Nursery. Our Nursery is an OFSTED registered crèche which provides a range of support and care for children from birth up to the age of 8. It is well equipped, providing a wide range of, learning resources, toys, a computer and an outside play/learning area. Our baby room has a sensory area with a mirror cube, vibrating musical bed, a bubble tube, fibre optic strands and a projector. The nursery staff have extensive experience in facilitating the Early Years Education Programme and are committed to providing an environment in which the whole of the child (physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially) is supported.
Training to be provided:
The majority of your training will be carried out at your work place location, however on occasion there may be a requirement to attend the Achievement Training Centre in Plymouth City Centre for off-the-job seminars and input tutorial sessions.
- QCF Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (If required).
- Effective communication skills to liaise with children, staff, parents and other professionals
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- A good team-player so that everyone can work effectively together
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality
- Punctual, reliable and behave in a professional manner at all times
- Level-headed and able to deal with varying situation in a calm and orderly manner
- Friendly, understanding and caring manner
- A good sense of humour
- Non-judgemental attitude
- Prepare to work in a challenging but fun and friendly environment
English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above is essential
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.