Vacancy Title: Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
Weekly Wage: £140 per week (£3.50 per hour)
Support for Children
- Supervise and support children ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with children, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual need
- Encourage children to interact with others and engage in activities
- Assist with supervision of children out of session times including before and after sessions, and at lunchtimes
Support the Staff Team
- Prepare the nursery as directed for sessions and clear afterwards and assist with display of pupils work
- Be aware of children’s progress/achievements/problems and report to other staff members as agreed
- Support the staff team in managing children's behaviour, reporting any difficulties as appropriate
- Gather and report information from/to parents/carers as directed
Support the Nursery
- Be aware of and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting concerns to an appropriate person
- Ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as require
Employer Description: Kenleys Nursery School is privately owned and managed, and opened in 1994. It operates from a large detached property, with an annexe and various outbuildings, in a residential area of Plymstock, approximately five miles from Plymouth City centre.
Training to be provided:
The majority of your training will be carried out at your work place location, however on occasion there may be a requirement to attend the Achievement Training Centre in Plymouth City Centre for off-the-job seminars and input tutorial sessions.
- QCF Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (If required).
- Effective communication skills to liaise with children, staff, parents and other professionals
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- A good team-player so that everyone can work effectively together
- Ability to solve problems and identify solutions
- Punctual, reliable and behave in a professional manner at all times
- Level-headed and able to deal with varying situation in a calm and orderly manner
- Friendly, understanding and caring manner
- A good sense of humour
- Prepare to work in a challenging but fun and friendly environment
Qualifications Required: A good level of English and Maths skills is preferred.
Other Important Information An enhanced DBS check will be required. If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269, we would love to hear from you. The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship.
Visit ATL’s website www.achievementtraining.com, call 01752 202269 or pop into Achievement Training and see us!