35 Estover Close
Vacancy Title: Office Administrator Apprentice x2
Vacancy Short Description:
Exciting opportunity for a confident, people person to train in business, administration and support the Westcare Supply team in their office based in Estover, Plymouth
Working as part of a friendly team you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Raising purchase orders
- Producing customer quotes
- Processing supplier invoices
- Raising sales delivery notes and invoices
- General office administration
- Undertake other office duties as requested by manager
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Diploma in Business and Administration Level 2
- Certificate in Business Administration skills Level 2
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
Is mainly workbased, the course tutor will visit the apprentice monthly to observe, plan and assess. The programme is achieved by a mix of teaching and learning including, assignments, practical work assessments, theory based assessments, work based practical learning, professional discussion, question and answer sessions. Maths and English exams are based at the centre. Workshops are available for learners on Fridays, but are not mandatory. This will be arranged with the employer, you and the course tutor.
- Good telephone manner
- Good organizational skills with ability to priorities workload – time management.
- Good Understanding of customer service requirements
- Good understanding of confidentiality and data protection standards
- Able to work both as a team and independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Polite and friendly to both customers and colleagues
- Professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility in order to support all team members
There are no entry requirements to the apprenticeship but employers may run their own selection process. Apprentices without Level 1 English and Maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and Maths prior to completion of their Apprenticeship.
Westcare are keen to encourage a 2 year programme. On completion of the first qualification, it is hoped that you will continue on to either the next level or a new qualification.
Opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including;
NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
This employer is towards the edge of Plymouth – sometimes people struggle to get to location – often requiring more than one bus. Please ensure you can get to the destination before apply.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat on 01752 202269.
If we receive a large number of applications the closing date may be brought forward. All correspondence, questions of queries to go directly to Achievement Training: email@example.com or 01752 202269.
To enable easier communications, please feel free to message ATL using messenger on Facebook - Achievement Training. We can respond much faster.
Here are some helpful interview tips: https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/get-a-job/interview-advice