Vacancy Title: Window Fitting Apprentice
Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Providing excellent customer service and promoting the business
- You will be taught how to fit doors, window, conservatories, guttering and facia and window maintenance
- Liaising with members of the public and customers about services and products
- Creating relationships with suppliers and assisting the team with stock orders
- Engaging with customers
- Working as part of a team
Since 1986 this family run business has become one of the leading Profile 22 UPVC installers in Devon & Cornwall. Our aim is to provide our customers, whether trade or residential, with a quality service, quality product & quality installation. From the first phone call to arrange a quote to after completion of the installation we are here for you, whether it is the installation of doors or windows or if it is service work you are guaranteed an impeccable service from our company. Our installer team will deliver, install and make good all projects, in a rapid 'no-fuss' manner - leaving homes clean and tidy, with perfectly installed windows, doors & conservatories.
Training to be provided:
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your work place. Off the job training will be provided by Achievement Training in the following areas:
- Customer Service Standard Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT Level 1 – if required
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Good attention to detail
- Smart appearance
- Reliable and punctual
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to do basic mathematics
- A confident communicator
- Ability to organise and prioritise work load
- Willing to learn
- Good work ethic
Good level of numeracy and literacy skills are required.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship with progression opportunities of an advanced apprenticeship. An NVQ in Customer service can help you succeed in a variety of job roles within many different organisations or you can progression onto become a Window installer.
Employment opportunities may be offered to the successful candidate on completion of the apprenticeship as you will have built a good relationship with the team and knowledge of the role.
Progression opportunities may also include advanced and higher apprenticeships, including which can equate to:
NVQ Level 3 equivalent – 2 A Levels
NVQ Level 4 equivalent – Higher Education Certificate/BTEC
NVQ Level 5 equivalent – Higher Education Diploma/Foundation Degree
Other Important Information
If this vacancy receives a large volume of applicants, the post may close early. If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please feel free to give the team a call for a chat 01752 202269.
From April 2018 the National Minimum wage for apprentices rises to £3.70 per hour. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. If you want any advice on your pay, you can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or visit www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage. Otherwise, all learners come under your normal terms of employment ranging from holidays, to sick pay and disciplinary procedures.