These courses are all offered as online distance learning qualifications. Take advantage of this opportunity to work towards gaining valuable qualifications. Set aside a little time each week, 2 – 8 hours of study time. You will have a personal tutor for individual support throughout the programme and will be given an online login where you and your tutor will meet regularly. All of the courses below have an immediate start.
Full Funding is available even if you are employed or if you are unemployed and receiving qualifying benefits
Remote learning – ATL staff will;
- Engage all students working towards vocational qualifications, including Maths and English.
- Set meaningful and ambitious sessions to deliver high quality curriculum.
- Provide clear explanations for all new content.
- Use digital platforms to facilitate a whole class experience.
- Use suitable resources and teaching techniques to enhance formative assessment of progress
- Use questions, revise material and simplify explanations to ensure students understanding.
- Provide frequent feedback (at least weekly)
- Monitor progress weekly and inform parents (where appropriate) immediately where engagement is a concern.
The following courses are available for an immediate start and remote learning. We have many other programmes available for remote delivery – please go to the home page.
IT for beginners – Digital Skills Improving your ICT skills can help with everyday tasks such as using your bank machines, sending texts on your mobile or printing your digital photos through your computer. Using a computer effectively is now an essential skill at home and at work.
ECDL is available at level 1 and level 2. This qualification is tailored at each level to meet your specific requirements. Each section is made up of a combination of units, all of which will Improve your ICT skills and will help with everyday tasks, this is a hands on course will give you plenty of opportunity to practise your new skills and raise your confidence in using computers.
If you need English, maths or ICT to enrol onto a course for university or college then we are still here to help you. If during this period of social isolation you feel you could benefit from gaining a qualification, then we can help you to achieve some valuable skills.
The only entry criteria are, you must have finished full-time education and have access to the internet