These courses are all offered as online distance learning qualifications. Take advantage of this opportunity to work towards gaining valuable qualifications. Set aside a little time each week, 2 – 8 hours of study time. You will have a personal tutor for individual support throughout the programme and will be given an online login where you and your tutor will meet regularly. All of the courses below have an immediate start.
Full Funding is available even if you are employed or if you are unemployed and receiving qualifying benefits
The following courses are available:
1. IT for beginners – Digital Skills Improving your ICT skills can help with everyday tasks such as using your bank machines, sending texts on your mobile or printing your digital photos through your computer. Using a computer effectively is now an essential skill at home and at work.
2. ECDL is available at level 1 and level 2. This qualification is tailored at each level to meet your specific requirements. Each section is made up of a combination of units, all of which will Improve your ICT skills and will help with everyday tasks, this is a hands on course will give you plenty of opportunity to practise your new skills and raise your confidence in using computers.
3. Support Teaching and Learning – This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for working directly with children and young people in a range of Schools, including Primary, Secondary or Special Needs Schools and Colleges, work towards the theory that underpins work in Schools and Colleges. This course will support the teaching and learning of pupils who are aged 5 years or older. This course is aimed at people who have little or no experience of working in a classroom environment.
4. Event Planning – Focuses on studying event planning within the retail and commercial sector, this course provides an opportunity to acquire a number of practical and technical skills. You will learn the skills required for successful event planning and organisation, develop skills to evaluate an event. You will explore market research and investigate marketing methods and resources as well as identifying personnel needs and customer service at events.
5. Health & Social Care – Interested in a career in the Health and Social Care sector. This 6-week course is perfect for anyone considering a career working with children from birth to end of life in a variety or role and workplace settings. This Level 1 qualification is ideal if you have little or no experience. You will learn about a variety of aspects in the Health Care sector. On completion, you can progress onto a Level 2 qualification or gain employment opportunities in children’s settings.
6. If you need English, maths or ICT to enrol onto a course for university or college then we are still here to help you. If during this period of social isolation you feel you could benefit from gaining a qualification, then we can help you to achieve some valuable skills.
The only entry criteria are, you must have finished full time education and have access to the internet